YOUTH MINISTRY JOB DESCRIPTION:
To build young disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to youth ministry (in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach) while serving as a spiritual leader and role model.
- Be an advocate for youth and educate the congregation about the hopes, concerns and needs of youth in the local church and community.
- Help plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced youth ministry in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach.
- Provide/encourage opportunities for youth to share/lead in the ministries of our church (worship, mission, outreach and fellowship).
- Twice a month, plan Sunday meetings that include a time for learning, fellowship and/or missional experiences, as well as develop additional opportunities for joint youth ministry with churches in Pearl River and local UM Churches in the Palisades district.
- Chaperone the Youth Summer Mission Trip, plan, organize, and recruit chaperones for the Mission Trip as well as lead youth in fundraising efforts for Mission Trip.
- Recruit and train volunteers who work with youth in all aspects of youth ministry and ensure adequate volunteer support and adult to youth ratios.
- Attend or ensure a youth representative at monthly Church Council meetings.
- Keep records of youth participation and manage the youth ministry budget.
- Communicate in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, website, bulletin, newsletter, bulletin board, etc.). Ensure communication with church staff and leadership, parents, and the congregation as a whole.
- Ensure that the Safe Sanctuary Policy is observed in all youth ministry settings.
TO SET UP A INTERVIEW PLEASE EMAIL PEARLRIVERUMCNY@GMAIL.COM OR CALL (845) 735-2241